Dubai is one of the most popular study destinations in the world. It has many great universities and has a host of opportunities for work experience. There are separate regions developed by the government like the academic city and knowledge village, and there are many public libraries as part of the vast educational infrastructure. These regions are well-connected with public transport.
Dubai also offers a high standard of living and good healthcare. There are many activities a student can do for leisure and fun too. Dubai also has people from all across the world, so you will likely find people from your country easily.
Dubai has a rich culture and modern lifestyle. If you are seeking education in Dubai, you will need to obtain a student visa. To obtain a student visa, the first requirement is to get your educational certificates and other documents attested inside the country of origin of the documents.
Educational degree attestation in Dubai requires numerous documents to be attested from various public departments. This might also require you to travel to another city.
Documents needed for Educational Degree attestation
Below is a list of all the documents you will need in the process of educational degree attestation to study in Dubai. You might need additional documents based on your case and requirements.
- Identity Proof and Address Proof
- Birth certificate
- High school mark sheet
- Experience certificates
- Educational transcripts
- Acceptance letter
- Marriage/single certificate
What is the process for Educational degree attestation in Dubai?
If you wish to study in Dubai, you will need to submit attested documents in your university and also to the embassy of UAE in your home country to obtain a student visa. Attestation has many stages involved that include a list of documents and many different public offices to be visited inside a few days.
This is because the seal of the department verifies that the document is true and genuine and can be used for the specified purpose. The documents are attested only after thorough and careful checking with the original document.
Here are the different stages of educational certificate attestation that you need to follow:
- Notary Attestation: – Notary attestation is the primary step in your educational degree attestation process. You can find a notary very easily around public offices or departments and also in courts. The notary will place his seal and signature after verifying the copies with the originals.
- Home Department Attestation: – The second step is to visit the home department of the state you live in. The presiding officer will verify and put his signature and seal on the copies as per the due process. Also, take the original documents with you for the attestation, as they will be used to verify the details in the copies.
- HRD Ministry Attestation: – In the case of educational documents, the attestation from the Ministry of Human resource development is essential. Visit the HRD department in your state for the third stage in the educational certificate attestation process.
- MEA Attestation: – After all the above steps of attestation, all the documents need attestation by the Ministry of External Affairs. The MEA handles all the matters related to international issues. This is the last authority of the home country to verify the documents.
- UAE Embassy Attestation: – After the documents are verified and attested by the departments of the home country, the embassy of UAE in the hoe country checks the documents and identity details of the person before issuing them a visa.
- MOFA Attestation: – In certain cases, the documents are sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE, for the final attestation. This step is usually only followed when the applicant belongs to the countries that are not a signatory of the Hague convention.
The total process of educational degree attestation may take up to 2 weeks.
When you are in Dubai and need to get your documents attested for various purposes including job opportunities, you need to follow this procedure
- Dubai Courts Notary Public DCNP: Visit the DCNP building and take a token for an appointment with the notary. The official will check all your documents and their copies. Then they make copies of the originals for their archives. You will need the original documents and copies of your passport.
- MOFA Ministry of Foreign Affairs UAE: After getting the documents attested from the DCNP, you will need to verify your documents from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai.
What is attestation?
Educational degree attestation is the set of rules and procedures followed by the government authorities to verify the genuineness of your documents. The documents are attested to be true by the officer with a seal and a signature on the copies.
Why is attestation needed?
Today, checking and verifying the genuineness and authenticity of the documents just by looking is not enough. It has become very easy to produce fake documents and forge copies to represent the wrong information. This is why attestation is so important.
The sign and seal are placed only on the copies of the documents and not the originals. The originals are required only to verify the information on the duplicate copies of the educational records. This ensures that the information on the copy represents the information on the original document, and the information on the copy can be treated as authentic.
Once the copies have been identified by the embassy as true, you will receive your student visa. If you are considering study opportunities in Dubai, a student visa is a must.
The student visa will be issued by the UAE embassy of your home country. The embassy follows the required protocols to ensure that the person is genuine and has a valid reason and eligibility to study in Dubai. Once all documents are found to be in order, you will receive the visa.