Last Updated on
Dubai is a great and sought-after study destination. It has many state-of-the-art institutions with all the modern amenities. Dubai also offers many opportunities for work and internships to give an all-round learning experience. Dubai also offers rich culture and plenty of activities for leisure and a high standard of living. It also boasts excellent infrastructure, healthcare, and high education standards.
If you wish to study in Dubai, you will need a student visa. For that, you’ll need to get your degree and certificate attested from respective authorities. There are also other reasons you might need to get your educational degree attestation. But one thing is sure that there are many levels of procedures involved and you will need to visit many different offices and government departments. Sometimes, it will even involve traveling to a different city.
What is attestation?
Attestation is the process by which authorities confirm the specifications mentioned in any particular document and declare it as genuine by putting the sign and seal of the presiding officer.
Why is attestation needed?
In recent times, establishing the authenticity of the records and certificates by just having a look at them is not possible. Some illegal parties end up creating counterfeit documents and records that look similar to the original. This is where the need for attestation arises.
Attestation is done only for the duplicates and copies of the originals as it needs to be confirmed that the copies represent only the original information, and the information in the duplicates are not tampered with. This is done by many parties to hide important information that may be illegal or, even worse, proves to be dangerous for many people.
In order to get the documents attested, the applicant needs to submit the original documents along with copies so that the authorities can make the verification. But it must be noted that no authority will place their signature and seal on the original copies of the documents. Once the presiding officer has verified the copies, he/she will attest it as per the general customs and laws.
Importance of certificate attestation for Dubai
If you are considering Dubai for any purpose, be it work, pleasure, or studying, you need to apply for a visa. The visa for Dubai will be issued by the embassy of Dubai in your home country. To issue the visa, the embassy requires the duly attested and verified copies of the original certificates. Once the officials at the embassy have verified the documents, they will issue the visa.
Documents that need an attestation
In order to avail of the visa for Dubai, there is a list of documents that need to be presented by the candidate. The specific list of documents varies on the purpose of the visit. Following are some of the basic documents that need attestation if you are a prospective student:-
- Identity Proof and Address Proof
- Birth certificate
- Educational records
- Experience certificates
- Employment offer(if applicable)
- Marriage/single certificate
What is the process for document attestation from Dubai embassy?
The procedure for attestation of the educational certificates from the Dubai embassy in your country is essential, and you need to be careful with the steps. When you apply for a visa, you must produce the attested copies of the documents required by the embassy. The seal of attestation from the Dubai embassy on your documents is proof of the authenticity of your documents. Here are the various steps that must be completed for the purpose of document attestation in Dubai:-
- Notary Attestation:- This is the first stage of attestation where you need to get your certificates sealed and signed from the office of any public Notary in your home country. A notary can be found at the court premises or near every government buildings. After checking your documents, the notary will place the seal on it.
- Home Department Attestation:- The next step in this process is to get the documents attested from the home department in the state or province you live in. You need to submit the personal documents with the department, and the presiding officer will verify it.
- HRD Ministry Attestation:- Documents that pertain to educational qualifications will be certified and attested by the Human Resource Development Ministry in the country. The officer will check the documents and then place the stamp on the documents.
- MEA Attestation:- Before submitting the documents to Dubai embassy, the documents need to be attested by the Foreign Ministry or the Ministry of External Affairs in your country.
- Dubai Embassy Attestation:- After the attestation from all the above entities has been completed, the documents must be submitted with the embassy of the UAE in your country. The embassy will verify the attestation from concerned ministries and departments and would then attest the documents.
- MOFA Attestation:- Once the embassy has attested the documents, the documents are then to be finally attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country you are planning to visit. This step is essential for nationals of those countries only who are not under the purview of the Hague convention.
This whole process may take up to 2 weeks, normally.
However, if you happen to be in Dubai and you need to get your certificates attested, you need to follow these steps:-
- Dubai Courts Notary Public DCNP
Go to DCNP and get a token to meet the notary who will verify your documents and its copies first. You will need the original documents and your passport copies.
- MOFA Ministry of Foreign Affairs UAE
This is the second step. Find out how much fee you need to pay since it varies depending upon your documents and the application.
Completing all these tasks by yourself can be a little cumbersome and difficult if you will attempt to complete it by yourself. Seeking help from professionals can help you accomplish the necessary task in a seamless and effortless manner.